Andhra cuisine is very close to my heart. Next to Odiya food(being from Odisha) Andhra style food is what gives me comfort. Pulihora(tamarind rice),Pappu (Dal),Rasam,different chutney, Chicken fry are my all time favourite and pretty regular at my home. I just love the the spiciness,the tang and the aroma of fresh curry leaves in Andhra food
This chicken fry is my childhood favourite. I don't know how authentic is this preparation but the taste is pretty much same like the one I used to have. And I trust my tastebuds !!!
Andhra style chicken fry
- 750 (cut into medium sized pieces) gm chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- lemon juice of a
- to taste salt
- 2 cups onion golden fried
- 2 red chilli dry
- 3 - 4 green chilli cut lengthwise
- handful curry leaves fresh
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamon
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp chicken masala (else regular Indian curry powder)
- Marinate chicken with the ingredients mentioned under marination at least for 2 hours.
- Cook the marinated chicken with out adding any water till well done and there is very little liquid left in it.
- Heat oil in a pan.Slightly crush the whole spices and put to the pan.
- Add dry red chilli,green chillis and curry leaves(keep few to add later).fry for a minute or so.Add the chicken along withwater.stir it for couple of minutes.
- Add the fried onion,chicken masala and remaining curry leaves.Mix and cook until everything comes together and chicken is slightly roasted.
- Goes very well with plain rice and rasam.