I believe celebration of love is incomplete without chocolate.But again do we really needa reason to have chocolate.I was craving for something chocolaty and this was the quickestdessert that I had prepared.There was some strawberries in therefrigeratorand they go reallywell with chocolates
Baked chocolate and strawberry custard
- 125 gm dark chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream full fat
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean seed , scraped
- strawberries enough for the custard
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degree.
- In a double boiler mix dark chocolate,milk and cream.Stir until the chocolate melted andthe mixture is hot(not boiling).
- 3.In another medium bowl whisk together eggs.egg yolks and brown sugar until sugar isdissolved.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture into the egg mixture,whisking continuously. Mix untileverything is well combined.
- Cut strawberries into half and spread as a layer in ramekins.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
- In a big deep baking pan place prepared ramekins,fill the pan with hot water till halfthe height of ramekins.
- Bake for 35 mins or until the custard is set. Serve chilled.