Doing something from scratch always excites happy. You will always be assured of the quality if the thing is home made. And if its bread that you are making then I would say itstherapeutic. I just love baking bread myself. All that kneading,playing with the dough,waiting time in between will be worth once you see a freshly baked bread coming out of the oven
This bread is kind of easy to do.A well behaved dough always makes it easy to handle.I adapted this recipe fromannies eats-honey wheat sandwich buns
Turned these buns in to yummy chicken burger topped with roasted tomato Mayo. Again burger is incomplete without some French fries.I went for a healthier option and did oven roasted potato wedges
Chicken burger (honey wheat buns) with roasted tomato garlic mayo & oven roasted potato wedges
For Burger buns
- 1 1/4 cups milk , warmed
- 2 1/4 tsps active dry yeast .
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups bread flour (plus more for adjusting as needed)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt .
- 1 egg , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey + 1 - 2 tbsps
- 2 tbsps butter , melted .
- Sesame seeds (optional)
For Roasted tomato Mayo:
- 3 tomatoes medium
- 4 - 5 pods garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cream
- dash lemon
- pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- salt pepper and to season
For potato wedges
- 3 potatoes (cut into wedges)
- salt pepper ,
- chilli flakes for seasoning
For assembling the burger
- / roasted chicken your breastfavourite patties
- onion slices
- lettuce leaves
- For Burger buns:.
- Take 1.4 cup of milk in a medium bowl,mix sugar. Add the yeast and let it stand for 5-10 mins to proof.Thisstep is only to make sure that the yeast is still active.
- In a big bowl mix together all the flours,salt. Pour in the milk yeast mixture,rest of the milk,egg,honey,give it a stir. If using stand mixer or food processor knead the dough until it starts leaving the side of the bowl.If.
- kneading by hand then knead on a lightly floured surface for 10 mins. The final dough should be smooth,elastic and tacky but notsticky. If you find it sticky try adding 1 tsp of flour at a time,till you get the desired consistency.
- Keep the dough in a well oiled bowl,cover with a wet kitchen towel/plastic wrap and let it rise for 1- 1.5 hours until it doubles in volume.
- Once the rising period ends,take the dough and deflate it. Gently knead for couple of time to let the air release.
- Divide the dough into 8-9 equal parts.Form a smooth round ball. Arrange the shaped dough balls in a parchment lined baking tray,cover with a plastic wrap.Let it rise for another 1 hour and let it double in size.
- At the end of the rising period,pre-heat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Mix.Mix melted butter and honey.
- Brush top of the balls with the mixture and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minute, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until the crust is golden brown in color.
- let the buns rest in tray for 5 minutes before taking out.
- For roasted tomato Mayo:.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters. In.In a bowl season tomatoes with salt and mix with olive oil.
- Arrange tomatoes in a baking tray with skin on bottom.Bake at 180 degree Celsius till the tomatoes looks roasted and charred. After 15 minutes of baking throw in the unpeeled garlic pods.
- Let the tomatoes cool down.Peel the garlics.Then add tomatoes,garlic and rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend it smooth.
- For Oven roasted potato wedges:.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.Soak the wedges in Ice cold water for 20 minutes.
- pre-heat oven to 200 degree Celsius. arrange the wedges in single layer without overlapping each other. bake for 20 minutes.
- Potatoes are done when they look roasted and golden brown in colour. Then season it with salt.
- Forassemblingthe burger cut the buns horizontally to half.toast them in a griddle pan. Place lettuce,onion rings and tomato rings.Place.
- Roasted chicken patties/breast piece. Top it with Mayo. ENJOY with some drinks.