There can't be a better time for this Chicken Meatball in plum sauce than this festive season. What I love about Christmas is that this festival is all about family, friends and food. So Christmas has grown on me in recent years . There are a host of delicacies made with a lot of love and these have been part of the culture for long.
This sweet,Spicy and sticky chicken meatballs are perfect when you are planing a get together for a large crowd. The sauce and meatballs cane be prepared a day or two earlier. And toss it together just before serving.
Do have look at some other Christmas special
Chicken Meatball in Plum Sauce
For Chicken Meatball
- 400 gm Chicken Mince
- 1 Onion small
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 - 5 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro (I used Coriander) chopped
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ¾ cup breadcrumb
- 1 egg small
- salt pepper and as per taste
For Plum Sauce
- 4 - 5 Plum medium sized
- ½ tsp Ginger Minced
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- ¼ Onion Grated
- 2 tbsps Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chilli Sauce Sweet
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- Chilli flakes (as per taste if you prefer spicy)
- ½ tspn salt
- Slice plums in half and discard pits. Cut into small chunks.
- Place plums in a saucepan with garlic, onion, ginger, Vinegar,sugar,salt,chili sauce and chilli flakes(If using).
- Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The Plums will be soft.
- Blend well with an immersion blender to a smooth sauce like Consistancy.(Add 1-2 tbsp water if it is too thick).
- When the plums are cooking,Squeez any extra liquid from chicken mince.
- In a big bowl mix all the Ingridents mentioned for meatballs. Pinch small portions out of the mixture and make round smooth balls.
- Heat a larg pan on medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Transfer half of the meatballs to the pan.Let it brown well one side and don't disturb for 3 minutes.
- Once it is browned well on one side , turn and cook for 2 -3 minutes more.Repeat same steps for rest of the meatballs.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add ½ tbsp oil. Add ¾ of the preapred sauce to the pan. Add cooked chicken meat balls to it.
- Toss meat balls on high heat for 3-4 minutes till the sauce has thicken and the meatballs are nicely coated with the sauce.
- Sereve hot with reaming plum sauce.