Next to Indian cuisine, Chinese is what we Indians prefer. In every other restaurant in India has Chinese in their menu like Manchurians,fried rice,Noodles. I think Indo-Chinese is more apt because the dishes are modified to suite Indian taste bud. We love Noodles with loads of veggies at home. This time I tried something different than usual.During my last visit to gourmet store,I had picked up a Chinese Five Spice blend and badly wanted to use somewhere
Five spice is an essential condiment used in Chinese cuisine. This is a blend of cinnamon, cloves,schezwan peppers,fennel and star anise. It has a intense flavour.This is used as a spice rub while roasting meats
The warmth of five spice,sweetness of honey and crunch of bok choy makes this a well balanced dish
Chinese five spice chicken/tofu noodles
- 3 cups egg noodles cooked
- ½ tablespoon garlic , minced
- ½ tablespoon chilli flakes .
- 1.5 cups chicken Tofu boneless strips
- 2 tbsps soy light
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- to taste salt
- In a medium sized bowl mix stock,soy,oyster sauce,honey.Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil,add garlic and chilli flakes.
- Add chicken and toss in high heat for 3-4 minute,until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the white parts of bok choy,fry for 2 minutes.Mix in the sauce.let it cook for a minute.
- Add noodles,sprinkle five spice powder,salt to taste. Toss on high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add green parts of bok choy,mix well and switch off the gas.