With Christmas just gone by,all of us must have had an extra dose sweets.A good indulgence in cakes,cookies and other dessert would have left you in a sugar induced coma. Now its time for a simple home cooked food and what can be more apt than our own humble potato
This potato curry is different from usual gravies that we have.Coriander,mint,green chillies,curd and other spices will refresh your taste buds and remind you one of the famous street food i.e. chat
Chutney wale aloo - potato in coriander mint sauce
- 400 gms baby potatoes
- 1 red chilli dry
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 potato small
- 2 tsps tamarind juice
- 2 tbsps curd fresh
- to taste salt
For coriander and mint chutney
- 1 onion Medium
- 8 pods garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 - 4 green chillies
- 1 cup coriander leaves heaped chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp seeds toasted seasme
- masala chat
- Prick potatoes with a fork and boil in salted water till done.Peel potatoes and keep aside.
- In 1/2 tbsp oil fry onion.When onion looks transparent, add chopped ginger and garlic.Fry till raw smell is gone.
- Grind together all ingredients mentioned under chutney to a fine paste.
- In a pan heat oil,add dry red chilli.Add peeled and cooled potatoes.fry in high heat for 5 minutes until potatoes are slightly golden in color.
- Add all spice powders turmeric,coriander,cumin and chilli powder,salt except garam masala.Stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add coriander and mint paste.cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add garam masala powder,mix well.Add tomato chunks.
- Add tamarind juice,whisked curd.Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- While serving sprinkle sesame seed and chat masala.