Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
This 3Cs dish has become my new favourite.Chinese is my second favourite after Indian . I love the subtle flavour from the sauce,crunch that comes from the veggies. At home we like our curries spicy. When I came across this Coca Cola chicken ,I was bit sceptical about it. We don’t prefer our gravies on the sweeter side.
But I badly wanted to give it a try and find out how would Coca cola taste in a savoury dish. Believe me it came out really delicious. One of the quickest dish I have prepared in recent times. Unless someone tells,it is even hard to guess that it has Coca Cola in it.
Recipe adapted from here.
Coca Cola Chicken
- 300 gms Chicken Breast ,cut into cubes
- 1.5 Cornflour tbspns
- 1 tbspn Soy sauce light
- 1 tbspn garlic minced
- ½ tbspn ginger minced
- 2 red chili dry
- 2 spring onion chopped
- 2 tbsps soy sauce dark
- ½ tbspn red chili flakes
- 1 tbspn cornflour
- 1 tbspn water
- 200 ml Coca Cola
- to taste salt pepper and
- ⅓ cup cashews roasted
- Mix chicken cubes,1 tbspn light soy sauce and cornflour. Refrigerate at least for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot add whole dry red chilli,followed by minced garlic and ginger. Saute till fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken cubes and toss on high heat for 4-5 minutes. The chicken cubes should look pale in colour. Stir in intervals to prevent sticking at the bottom.
- Add chilli flakes,dark Soy Sauce,salt and pepper. Give it a good mix. Add Coca Cola.
- Let it come to a single boil. In a small bowl mix cornflour and water. Stir the mixture into the pan.Once the sauce starts to thicken slightly , take the pan off the gas. Mix Roasted cashew . Garnish with green onion.
- Serve hot with white steamed rice.