Sometimes I ask myself- what else do I really love to do apart from food and cooking ??? Well I do listen to music, I watch TV but then I think that if I have time then why don't I browse about some more recipes, glance at a few gorgeous pictures and learn about the technique used . And ultimately I switch back to food. I end up watching food channels or browse food related stuff while listening to music( yeah...I have developed the habit of multitasking ).
So what ever I do; pretty much revolves around food. Even while I am coding @office I can't stop myself from browsing information related to food. So if you have read my bio,now you know the reason behind the quote“Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything.”
Coming to this recipe, I came across it while watching a show 'Food Factory' in discovery(Hey..don't look at me like that, yes even in Discovery channel I watch foodie stuff,can't help this habit of mine of searching for food related contenteverywhere !!!). I lovethis show because it gives me an insight to all the process and steps that goes behind making a product,from mixing to packaging. The fact that technology has changed our life and made it much easier for everyone and especially passionate foodieslike us alwaysfascinates me.
I vaguely remember the recipe.It had a complex chocolate base,coconut and white chocolate fudge in the middle and was topped with chocolate ganache. So I just got inspired from the concept and decide to try with a small quantity in my own way.. And I was happy with the outcome,after all _things _can't go wrong if it is chocolate. If you love coconut then you must give it a try.
Coconut & White Chocolate Fudge
- 4 cups coconut Dry desiccated
- 300 gm chocolate white
- 120 ml cream double
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 200 gm dark chocolate good quality
- 80 ml cream double
- 1/3 cups walnuts toasted
- Line a rectangular tray with cling wrap. Keep aside.
- In a heat proof bowl boil 150 ml cream. Once it comes to boil,switch off the gas.Add chopped white chocolate. Mix till all the chocolate melts and is lump free.Then Add butter.
- Mix desiccated coconut salt (The mixture might look little loose but once it cools down it will be set). Spread the mixture in prepared pan. Smooth the top.Keep aside.
- Bring rest of the cream to boil in a thick bottom pan. Take off the heat. Stir in finely chopped dark chocolate. Mix till it is smooth. Stir in chopped walnut.
- Spread chocolate walnut mixture on top of coconut mixture. Keep it inrefrigeratorfor couple of hours to set. Cut into slices.