Curried cauliflower soup is creamy and delicious. It has a mild curry flavour from curry powder, perfect soup to indulge in winter.
Creamy luscious soup with the goodness of almond and of course my favourite Cauliflower. What else would I need when I am down with a cold and have a soar throat. Cauliflower is a vegetable that you would find always in my refrigerator. Quick stir fry or gravy is what we love and have been having this since childhood.
But a soup, I never thought of making with Cauliflower. I had come across numerous recipes of soup but just never made up my mind to make one. Since the past couple of days, I was having a sore throat and barely able to talk. And then out of nowhere the idea of making a soup came into my mind. And with no pre-planning this soup happened.
Curried Almond Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Medium Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/3 cup Almond
- 1.5 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder (I used mild Curry powder)
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tspn paprika
- 4 cups Vegetable broth or
- Salt as per taste
- coriander leaves Sliced and fresh for garnishing
- Soak almond in warm water for 30 minutes. Then peel the skin and keep aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, clean and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add bay leaf, chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes until the raw smell is gone.
- Add cauliflower florets, turmeric powder, cumin powder, curry powder, paprika , salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5-8 mins until the cauliflower has softened.
- Let the cauliflower mixture cooled down a bit.
- Then put cauliflower mixture, peeled almond to a blender. Add 2 cups of stock. Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Empty the content to the blender and