Once in a while, we at home love to indulge in Chinese food. What I love about Chinese food is its quick to prepare and very flavorful. So it is perfect for a quick meal. This saucy Ginger Chicken With Oyster Mushroom and Snow peas goes very well with rice.
One thing that is a key technique in Chinese cooking is to try to cook on high heat and don't over cook the veggies. The veggies should be tender yet crispy. Another technique that works well and really brings out the flavour is using cast iron wok. Cooking on high heat in a cast Iron pan imparts a beautiful smoky flavour.
Ginger Chicken with Oyster Mushroom and Snow Peas
- 400 gm chicken breast (Cut into Small Cubes)
- 200 gm Oyster Mushroom
- 100 gms Peas Snow
- 1 red bell pepper small
- 4 tbspns all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbspn ginger Grated
- ½ tbsp garlic Minced
- ½ tspn red chilli flakes
- 1 onion Medium
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps Seasame Seeds Toasted
- to taste salt
- In a small bowl mix chicken stock ,Soy sauce, Honey,2 tbsp flour, chilli flakes. Keep aside
- In a bowl take chicken cubes, add a dash of soy sauce, remaining 2 tbsp all purpose flour. Toss well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan preferably cast Iron pan. Fry chicken cubes in 2-3 batches on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until they are browned. Take out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add remaining 1 tbspn oil. Add chopped Ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute on medium heat. Add Sliced Onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushroom, Snow Peas and Red bell pepper. Fry on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. ( The vegetables needs to tender and crisp.Don't overcook).
- Add chicken stock mixture. Boil for 2-3 minutes. When the Vegetable sauce mixture starts to thicken, toss in fried chicken cubes. Mix well. Season with salt if required. Switch off gas.
- Garnish with toasted Sesame seeds. Serve hot with white rice.