Here comes the favorite half of the year with all the festivities lined up. Life suddenly seems more colorful than ever. One gets all good reasons to celebrate and food plays a major part in it. You get to eat all sort of rich ,delicious food. And every meal ends with a scrumptious dessert. Without sweets/dessert, an Indian meal is considered to be incomplete.
When traditional sweets are always a must,I always prefer for a little bit of fusion sometimes.Ladoo using gulkand and dry fruits was there in my mind from quite a long time but something else always used to take priority. SofinalyI did it and was quite happy with the result.
If you would like to avoid the stuffing then please go ahead and add a bit of cardamom powder to the chenna mix. I bet you are going to love these in any form.
Gulkand Dry fruits Ladoo
- 2 cups cottage cheese fresh (Chenna)
- 1 cup condensed milk sweetened
- 2 cream (can also use fresh Malai) tbspns thick
- 1 tspn cornflour
- 1 - 2 tspns sugar (Optional,if you need the ladoos little sweeter)
- 1/3 cup dry fruits Assorted chooped finely(I used Cashew,Pistachios,Almond,Walnut)
- 1/2 tbsps Poppy seed ,Slightly crushed in a Mortar
- 1 tsp Melon seed roughly chopped
- saffron milk Silver leaf and soaked for garnishing
- In a pan toast all the dry fruits,poppy seed on low heat till it becomes aromatic. Take off the heat.Once it is cool mix gulkand and keep aside
- Add chenna,Condensed Milk,Cream,Cornflour and sugar(If using) in to a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Shift the mixture to a thick bottom pan. On low medium heat stir the mixture till it becomes a thick paste.(Don't over cook else it will become dry and difficult to shape. And also once the mixture cools down it become more thick)
- Let the heat come down. When it is still little warm and you can handle the heat with bare hands,scoop out 1 heaped tbsp of chenna mixtrue . Make it to a smooth ball.
- Then using your thumb make little space in the middle and fill it with a heaped half teaspoon of dry fruit and gulkand mixture.
- Cover and make a smooth ball by rolling gently in between two palms.
- Garnish with edible silver leaf and saffron milk.