After having saturated your taste buds by gorging on a lot of sweets in Diwali, its time now to indulge in some lip-smacking spicy items . So here is a delectable starter which will balance out the sweet palate
Harissa is a spicy paste made out of hot chili peppers and other spices. It is widely used in Moroccan and other North African cuisine. Harissa is bold,spicy and flavourful which very well fits into Indian cuisine too because of the commonly used Indian spices in it
I love this paste and I use it widely in my cooking. Add it to any vegetable stir fries, use it as sandwich spread,add to stews or make a marinade out of it for kebabs. Being from Odisha (An Indian state in eastern part) potato is a staple vegetable in our daily diet.We adore anything that is done with potato. if you are looking for easy and quick to prepare party snacks these bite sized roasted baby potatoes are prefect choice.You can marinate and refrigerate them and grill on a hot pan just before serving
Harissa roasted baby potatoes
For Harissa Paste
- 20 chilies dry red
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp caraway
- 8 cloves garlic
- to taste salt
- 250 gms baby potatoes
- lemon Juice of a
- ½ tbsp mint leaves chopped (I used dried)
- water Wooden skewers soaked in
- Coriander and mint chutney for serving
- For making harissa first slightly roast coriander,cumin and caraway seeds and once cooled down grind to fine powder. Drain water from chillies.Grind together chilies,garlic and the spice powder by adding oil little at a time.
- Pat dry the potatoes in a kitchen towel and prick potatoes in few places with a fork.
- Add in harissa and other ingredients to the potatoes and coat them nicely with the paste.Keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan. Meanwhile insert the potatoes into the skewers.
- When the pan is smoking hot put the skewered potatoes into the pan in batches and grill each side for 5-8 mins until the potatoes are nicely roasted.