This Healthy Cauliflower Soup is creamy, delicious and incredibly easy to make. This Cauliflower recipe is keto friendly and can easily be customized. This recipe has instructions for Instant Pot and Stovetop.
Creamy and Healthy Cauliflower Soup loaded with bacon and Cheese is low carb and Keto. I am labelling this as one of the best Cauliflower recipes to date. When there is bacon in a soup, nothing can go wrong, right? One of my favourite soups because it is rich, creamy yet not loaded with cream or Cheese. Cauliflower, when cooked, makes the soup naturally creamy. So you can adjust the amount of cream and cheese as per your preference and how rich you want the soup to be.
Another Instant Pot recipe and also a Soup recipe. Honestly, I didn’t want to spam you guys with soup recipes one after another. But this soup turned out to be so amazing, that I had to share here without any delay. It is perfectly creamy, thick and really satisfying.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This easy Cauliflower Soup needs a handful of ingredients and is very much customizable as per your taste.
Start with a fresh head of cauliflower, clean and cut into florets. You could also use frozen cauliflower florets, you can’t get hold of fresh cauliflower.
I love to use butter to saute Onion and garlic. You can substitute with Olive oil if you prefer.
Thyme and Bay leaf are the aromatics used. Try adding Parsley or Oregano can also be added. But try not to go overboard with herbs.
Then there is Bacon and it makes everything better.
Cream and Cheddar helps to thicken the soup. Here is the best part of this Cauliflower Soup. You can adjust the quantity of cream and cheese in the soup as per your taste or calorie requirement. Cauliflower, when cooked, makes thickens the soup naturally. So you don’t need gallons of cream or cheese to make it thick.
I like to keep little chunks of cauliflowers in the soup rather than a smooth case. Use a hand blender to blend it to silky smooth consistency.
HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Being low on carb, Cauliflower is quite popular among people who are trying to lose weight. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Dietary Fiber, and other nutrients.
It is also one of those versatile vegetables, that can be used in many different ways. A popular substitute to starchy food items such as rice, Potato. One of my favourites is this creamy Cauliflower Coconut Curry. If you follow Keto/Low carb then you must check this delicious Chicken and Cauliflower Rice.
Because Cauliflower makes this soup naturally creamy, you can totally reduce Cream and/or Cheese as per your preference.
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Low Carb Cauliflower Soup ( Step by Step Video end of the Recipe)
- 1 Medium Cauliflower
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tspn Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tspn Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with browning the bacon. Set Instant Pot to Saute mode. When hot, add bacon pieces. Cook till they are brown and crispy.
- Remove bacon from the pot, Keep aside. Get rid of extra bacon fat ( we don't want to overpower the soup with bacon flavour)
- Add butter to the pan, followed by chopped onion.
- Saute onion until soften. Stir in minced garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds, until the raw smell is gone.
- Add Cauliflower florets. Fry it for a couple of minutes.
- When little brown spots start to appear, pour in the stock.
- Add bay leaf, thyme. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to the Manual Mode. Close the lid and let it cook on high for 5 minutes. Then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, followed by quick release.
- When the pressure is completely released, carefully open the lid. Add cream, cheddar cheese and chilli flakes.
- Mix everything and smash a few cauliflower florets with the back of the spatula. Adjust seasoning.
- While serving sprinkle crisp bacon and more cheese if required.
STEP BY STEP VIDEO TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SOUP
To make on the stove top