I guess after you read the title,many of you raise an eyebrow and think "Papaya.. bleh". But let me tell you I am an exception here, I love to papaya.But it is not the same for Mr. D. He keeps him self miles away from this fruit. If he could,he would not even allow me to buy papaya. Now that my little one has started claiming her share in what we eat,I need to be thoughtful on what I prepare. I believe the eat habit needs to be set right from childhood. Kids should understand the importance of different kinds of food for our body and health.
So now you might have understood why this smoothie?? A ripe papaya was lying in the basket and was almost neglected for days. I thought of giving the regular papaya a makeover and more interesting. Addition of banana and dates not only subsides the taste of papaya but also lifts up the nutritional value.
You can also add strawberries, yoghurt instead of milk. Even the proportion of fruits can be varied as per preference. I didn't add any sweetener because the fruits were sweet as it is. The addition of chocolate curls is again optional. I have added to make it look more appealing.
Papaya,Banana & Dates Smoothie
- 2 cups papaya ripe chopped
- 1 cup banana chopped
- ½ cup dates seedless
- 2 cups milk Chilled (adjust as per the required consistancy)
- sugar (as per taste,I didn't add any)
- Chocolate Shaving for garnishing (optional)
- Add all the ingredient except garnishing in a blender. Blend to a smooth consistency. Note: To make it easier you can also soak the dates in milk for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with chocolate shaving if required. Serve immediately.