This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
PRAWN HARIYALI GRILLED (Grilled prawn in fresh herb pesto)
- 500 prawn , deshelled and cleaned
- ½ cup coriander leaves fresh
- ¼ cup mint leaves fresh
- 5 pods Garlic
- ¼ cup curd Thick
- 4 - 5 chilies (Adjust as per to taste) green
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsps besan (Gram flour)
- to taste salt
- ½ cup bell pepper Assorted
- ½ wedge Onion cup
- handful Cherry tomato (optional) a
- masala . Chat to sprinkle on top
- Put chopped fresh coriander,mint leaves,curd,garlic,Green chillies,garam masala,salt to a blender. Blend till smooth. Don't add any extra water.
- In a pan on medium heat roast gram flour till fragrant and light golden in colour.
- In a container with lid put the prawns,the green paste,gram flour,assorted pepper,Onion and tomatoes. Mix well,refrigerate to marinate at least for 2 hours.
- 20 minutes before grilling take the marinated prawns out of the refrigerator.
- Heat a iron griddle pan. Spread 1 tbsp oil/butter. Once it is really hot, pick only the prawns from marinade.Arrange them on the hot pan. let it grill for 2-3 minutes each side. (I would suggest to grill prawns in batches for even cooking). the prawns should be cooked done with beautiful charred effect. Note : It is better to grill prawn and veggies separately,to avoid over cooking of prawn. Over cooking results in rubber like prawns.
- At the end transfer all the veggies along with the leftover marinade. Grill till they are half done(I like them a bit crunchy) and look charred.
- Sprinkle generous amount of chat masala and serve hot.