Few day’s back while going through an article came acrossthis sweet called ‘Sev Pak”,which is quite famous in Chandni chowk.And I knew no way I am going to Delhi in near feautre. So theonly option I was left with is to try it at home. I guessed the ingredients and prepared it.I am glad with with the out come. After all Indian sweets which has ghee,khoya and dry fruits can never go wrong.
Find out some more interesting Diwali delights here
2. Kala Jamun
- 3 cups Besan / Gram flour
- 1 + 2 cup tbsps Water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups Sev of plain
- 2 - 2/5 cups milk Full fat
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 100 Khoya , grated
- 1 pinch Saffron milk soaked in tbsp warm
- 3/4 cup Ghee Melted
- Cardamom Powdered (From 3-4 )
- almonds pistachio Slivered and to garnish
- For Sev:Combine all the ingredients except water. Gradually add water a little at a time to make it a tight dough, adding extra water or besan if required.
- Grease inside of the Sev press and put the mould with many small holes into the press.
- Heat oil in a pan,until hot.
- Fill the press with a ball of dough. Press out thin strands of dough into the hot oil. Don't over crowd the pan. Once light golden brown in colour remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil.
- Repeat the same process for rest of the dough.
- While sev is being prepared, In a heavy bottom pan add milk and sugar. Let it come to a boil.Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add grated khoya,Saffron. Reduce the flame and let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add sev,cardamom powder. Let it cook on low heat,till the sev is cooked well and soft.Stir in between to prevent it from sticking at the bottom.At the end add melted ghee. Give everything a good mix.
- When almost all the liquid is absorbed. Grease a rectangular tray with little ghee. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Let it settle for 4 -5 hours or even overnight in the refrigerator.