This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Pesto is a sauce originated in northern Italy. Traditionally it has basil,pine-nuts,garlic,parmesan cheese and oilve oil. This red chilli pesto is a variation to the regular ones. Goes very well with any kind of pasta. Use it as a sandwich spread also
Spaghetti in red chilli pesto and roasted tomatoes
- 1 cups chillies dry red
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cups parmesan
- 1 tsp cumin ,roasted
- 8 cloves garlic
- Handful basil fresh Italian
- 2 tomato oven roasted u2013 medium (optional)
- ½ cup olive oil (more,if required)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Bread (to serve)
- De seed the chillies and soack in warm water for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mean while roast the pine nuts till its aromatic and start to release oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree. Cut red plum tomatoes in to quarters. season it with salt,pepper,.
- Toss in some olive oil. Spread them in a single layer in a baking tray and bake for 30 mins or till it is roasted . After baking for 10 minutes throw the garlic pods along with the skin to the baking tray.
- Put soaked red chilli,pine nuts,parmesan,cumin,roasted garlic pods, half of the roasted tomatoes,basil in a blender.Pour enough olive oil and make a fine paste.
- Cook spaghetti al dente. Toss in the pesto and rest of the roasted tomatoes. Garnish with some for fresh basils.
- Serve with garlic bread.