With Christmas around the corner its cake and cookies everywhere.These cute little bundt cakes are perfect for the occasion. Ginger and other spices along with orange spikes up the taste. Brown butter glaze adds a wonderful nutty twist to it. Try out these perfectly moist and tender cake
I had these mini bundt moulds and was eagerly wanted to use them.You can go with a bigger bundt pan or even a loaf pan
Spiced orange mini bundt cake with brown butter glaze
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 3/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon heaped powder
- 3 cloves powdered
- pinch nutmeg grated
- 120 gms unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 tbsp orange freshly grated zest
- 2 tbsps orange juice fresh
- 1 tbsp milk
For Brown butter glaze
- 30 gms butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Grease the moulds or pan and keep aside.
- Mix together all dry ingredients i.e. flour,baking powder,salt,.
- cinnamon,clove and nutmeg.Sift couple of times and keep aside.
- In a bowl beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.It should look pale white in colour.
- Beat in the egg one at a time.Beat vanilla essence,grated ginger and orange zest until combined nicely.
- Add the cake flour alternately with milk and orange juice,mix using a spatula till everything is combined well.(Do not over mix).
- Divide the batter in the moulds(if using).Bake for 12-15 mins or till done.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan.The butter will start foaming and gradually change the colour.
- Keep the flame in low and heat butter until it is light brown incolourandyou get a nice nutty aroma from it.(keep an eye else it will not take much time to burn the butter).
- Add icing sugar(start by 1/4 cup),orange juice and milk to brown butter and mix well.Add 1 tbsp of sugar each time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- The glaze should of flowing consistency but not too watery.
- Once the cake is done let it be there in the mould for 5 minutes before taking out.
- Pour in the glaze on warm cake.