Ricotta Pasta Salad with charred bell peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, and creamy Ricotta is healthy and quick prep. This is a perfect light summer salad or make it for a potluck.
I am just back from my daughter's School Anual Event. It was her first stage performance and we were sitting in the audience like a proud parent. We were as excited as her. It was so fun to see those adorable kids performing on stage.They were dancing out of rhythm, no sync in their steps. All they were doing was performing from their heart and enjoying every bit of it. We were overwhelmed to see them up on the stage. Post-event, we went for a shopping. Now I am dead tired and want to hit the bed asap.
After being out the whole day, I have no patience left, But I can't delay sharing this awesome recipe with you guys anymore. This recipe was long pending. I wanted to share this recipe for a long time.In fact, had made a video, but it didn't turn out good. And I kept on postponing it.
Pasta doesn't always have to be loaded with cheese and heavy on calorie.Right??? A light creamy pasta like this Warm Ricotta Pasta Salad is a good alternative. This pasta salad might not have the creamy sauce or a heavy cheesy dressing. But the ricotta is enough to make this creamy. The charred peppers and cherry tomatoes give a nice smokey flavour.
Another best thing about this dish is you can serve this salad both warm or at room temperature. So it is perfect for a summer salad too.
This salad is a favourite. I kept it vegetarian for meatless days but you can also add roasted chicken to it. This Salad stays well in the refrigerator, so perfect for your lunch box/meal prep. You need less than 30 minutes to make this salad, so easy to make on busy working days.
If you like a fruity salad, then give this Couscous Salad With Orange Vinaigrette a try
WARM RICOTTA PASTA SALAD
- 2 Cups Penne Pasta uncooked
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tspn Minced garlic
- 1 cup Assorted pepper (I used red,green and yellow)
- 200 grams cherry tomato cut into half
- 1 cup fresh green peas blanched
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tspn Dried Oregano
- 1 tspn Dreid Basil
- 1 tspn Red chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Cook pasta as per packet instruction. Keep aside.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil. Add minced garlic.
- Add assorted bell pepper. Stir fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes. The peppers should look charred but still crunchy. Don't over cook. Add green peas. Stir fry for another 1 minute on high heat. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add reamining oil. Add halfed cherry tomatoes. Stir fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes. The tomato skin should look charred but again don't over cook it till mushy.
- In a big mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, bell pepper,peas, toamto, ricotta, parmesan chees and all the herbs. Season it with salt and pepper. Mix everything well.