Watermelon cooler with a hint of ginger,lemony lemongrass, and Thai basil. A refreshing drink to ship in during summer. Easy and quick to make, I am sure this drink would rejuvenate you on a tiring day.
I don't even have to talk about the health benefits of the ingredients that go into this drink. I have dusted the rim of serving bottles with some chilli salt to make it little extra fancy. And if you want to make this for a gathering of adults, add some vodka to it.
I have been away from blogging for more than a month now. I certainly missed my space but I was occupied with another project. By God's grace if things go as per the plan then I will have a good news to share with you all very soon (finger crossed). Till then I will be virtually absent from the social world.
Many of us know watermelon is good for us in summer because of its high water content. It is good to keep your body hydrated. But have ever thought this humble fruit has other health benefits. When I came across the article 25 Science-backed Health Benefits of Watermelon it really surprised me. This article also tells about little history about the fruit too.
- 5 cups Watermelon chopped
- 2 lemon grass small sticks of (White part only),chopped
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- two lemon Juice of
- 3 - 4 tbsps sugar syrup of (adjust as per preference)
- A handful Thai basil of fresh leave
- Chilli salt for the Rim( optional)
- In a juicer, blender add all the ingredients except fresh basil. Blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl. pitcher muddle basil leaves. Strain the watermelon mixture through a sieve into the bowl. Stir and keep in the refrigerator to let the flavours infuse. (I would recommend chilling the juice, as it will prevent the ice from melting very fast while serving).
- Before serving rub the rims of serving glasses with some lemon. Dip the serving glass rims(I have used bottles) into chilli salt.
- Add ice cubes to the glass and pour chilled juice to the glass carefully.
- Serve immediately.