Best BBQ Chicken in Oven
Sweet, smokey and perfectly Juicy, these Oven Baked BBQ Chicken has outdoor summer grilling vibes. Easy to make with a handful of ingredients and a family-friendly dinner for sure.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 kg Chicken thighs and legs With skin and bone-in
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ Sauce ref note -1 & 2
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F . Line a baking tray with foil and keep aside.
Start with patting the chicken dry with a kitchen towel.
In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
Arrange chicken pieces on the prepared tray little apart. Season generously with above seasoning mix both the sides.
Keep the skin side up. Bake in the middle rack for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Increase oven heat to 425 F.
Brush chicken generously with BBQ sauce. Put the tray back into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
Again remove chicken from the oven, give a second coat of BBQ sauce. Bake it again for about 10 minutes. Chicken is done when clear juices run out of it and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
For the extra charred effect on the skin, broil the chicken in the upper rack for 2-3 minutes(keep a close eye not to avoid burning)
- After brushing chicken with BBQ sauce if dipping the brush back to the sauce, the BBQ sauce is contaminated. So any leftover sauce should not be consumed directly unless being cooked. Alternatively, take out half of the total sauce in another bowl and use it.
- If the bottled BBQ sauce is too sweet, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the sauce.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 1249mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg