Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry with amazing flavours is rich and creamy. This Easy Indian Chicken Curry is made with freshly ground spices for the best flavours.
Servings 4 Serving
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into cubes
- 2 tbspn Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder (ref note 1)
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste Cut into small pieces
- 2 tspn Kashmiri Red chili powder (ref note 2)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Salt to taste
Start with the curry base. To make the curry base heat oil in a pan.
Add finely chopped Onion to the pan. Cook on medium flame until the onion starts to soften and brown.
Then add minced garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute so that the raw smell of garlic and ginger is gone.
Add curry powder to the pan and saute for 30 seconds until aromatic. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
Add Chicken cubes to the crockpot, onion ginger garlic mixture (made above), tomato paste, Kashmiri Chilli powder, salt and coconut milk.
Mix well and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
While serving sprinkle fresh coriander.
- The curry powder that I have used was a mixture of coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, cardamom powder, cloves, cinnamon, and turmeric powder. I have seen a few brands of curry powder, that contains only coriander, cumin, fennel, and turmeric powder. In that case, use 1.5 tablespoons of curry powder and 1 teaspoon garam masala to it.
- Kashmiri red chilli powder is a less spicy chilli powder used in Indian Cuisine for giving deep red colour to curries. You can use paprika instead. I also add 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder to the curry because we love it spicy.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 975mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 5mg