CREAMY TOMATO BISQUE
Thick and Creamy Tomato Bisque with a hint of tartness from the tomatoes, is the perfect soup for cold winter days. It is healthy, gluten-free and easy to make. Serve this with a big slice of crusty garlic cheese toast or grilled cheese.
Servings 6 People
- 1.5 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Medium Carrot
- 1 28 oz Crushed Tomato can
- 2.5 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- ½ cup Half and Half
- Salt and Pepper
Melt butter in a heavy bottom pan.
Add chopped Chopped Onion, Minced Garlic and Chopped Carrot to it. Saute until the raw smell is gone. About 1-2 minutes.
Add Crushed Tomatoes, Vegetable Stock, Cayenne, Basil, Oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let it come to a boil.
After 6-7 minutes, take the pan off the flame. Using an immersion blender blend until it is really smooth.
Stir in the half and half.
Top with more cream while serving. Serve with crusty garlic bread or grilled cheese.
- If you are using fresh tomato instead, then take 10-12 large tomatoes (roughly 800 grams - 900 grams). Blanch them and discard the seeds.
- Amount of sugar and seasoning depends on how tart the tomatoes are. If they are more tart, increase the amount of sugar to your taste.
- Substitute butter with Olive oil and cream with coconut milk or cashew cream for Vegan Tomato Bisque.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3625IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg