SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN WINGS
These Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken wings are Juicy, delicious and perfect party appetizer. No Refined sugar-free and made in a skillet in 30 minutes.
Servings 5 people
For the Chicken Wings
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Wings
- 2 tspn vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
For Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tspn Garlic Powder or 2 garlic cloves made to paste
In a mixing bowl add all the ingridents mentioned under sauce. Mix well and keep aside.
Using a kitchen towel, pat dry chicken wings. Put them in a bog mix bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a small mixing bowl mix cornstarch and baking powder
Add cornstarch mixture in 2-3 batches to the chicken wings. Toss well before adding another batch of cornstarch mixture.
Heat a heavy bottom pan or cast iron skillet. Add vegetable oil
Spread the chicken wings in a single layer. Cook undisturbed on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn the wings and cook further 4-5 minutes. The wings should feel crispy and look light golden brown in color.
Remove the wings and put on a wired rack while you make the sauce.
Add above sauce mixture to the same pan. Cook sauce until it is half in quantity and looks little thick.
Add chicken wings and toss well until wings are well coated with the sauce. During this sauce will thicken even further, So maintain low heat.
- You can substitute apple cider vinegar with regular vinegar. But Apple cider vinegar gives a nice fruity punch to the sauce.
- Adjust the amount of honey and vinegar as per your preference. You can always taste the sauce and adjust it.
- For little heat, you can add 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 437mg | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.2mg