Chicken Orzo Recipe
This One Pot Tomato Basil Chicken With Orzo is creamy and loaded with flavor. A quick and easy dinner that everyone will love.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1.5 cups Orzo
- 500 grams boneless skinless chicken breast Cut to cubes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato paste (increase or decrease as per taste)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 4 cups chicken stock warm
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shreded (optional)
Heat oil in a skillet. Add chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet.
Saute until Onion is soft and looks transparent, garlic doesn't smell raw
Add cubed chicken. Saute for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
Add tomato paste, chili flakes, salt & pepper . mix everything well.
Add Orzo and warm 3.5 cups chicken stock (hold back half of cup of stock to use later). Stir well. Check the seasoning and adjust. (ref note 1)
Once it starts to boil, lower the flame and let it cook slowly. (ref note 2)
When almost all the water has been evaporated but still it looks little sauce and Orzo is cooked through. switch-off the flame.
Stir in fresh basil leaf.
While serving sprinkle
- From a total of 4 cups of stock add only 3.5 cups of water. If all the liquid has evaporated and still the orzo is not cooked, then towards the end add rest of the stock.
- While cooking Orzo tends to settle at the bottom, so keep stirring in between to prevent it from sticking.
- Try to serve this immediately after cooking. Keeping it for too long, Orzo would soak all the sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 1049mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg