Chocolate Gingerbread Truffle
These Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles are made of gingerbread cookies. These truffles are perfect as Christmas gift or on your holiday cookies basket.
Servings 24 Truffles
For Gingerbread truffle
- 500 grams Gingersnap Cookies
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ½ cup pecan Roughly crushed ( reserved more for garnishing)
- .5 Tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee powder
- ⅓ cup Creame Chesse (see notes)
- Big Pinch of salt
For Chocolate Coating
- 150 gms good quality dark chocolate
Mix everything mentioned under Gingerbread truffle. When you pinch the mixture in between your finger if it comes together, then it is the right consistency.
Scoop a tablespoon of mixture and make a smooth tight ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
Rest the shaped balls in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
And the end of the resting period, chop chocolate into small chunks. Using a double boiler or microwave melt the chocolate.
Remove the shaped balls from the refrigerator. While still cold dip each ball in melting chocolate using a slotted spoon. Shake off extra chocolate and place on a parchment paper.
Sprinkle remaining crushed pecan on the top, when still wet.
Store in an airtight container.
- Start with ¼th cup cream cheese and increase a tablespoon each until you reach the desired consistency. The amount of cream cheese required depends on the type of cookies you use.
- These truffles were of right sweetness for us, so I didn't add any sweetener. If you want you can add honey or sugar.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2.4mg