Crack chicken made with Chicken, Ranch Seasoning, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon is incredibly delicious. This low carb, Keto chicken takes only 10 minutes to make.
Servings 4 People
- 3 Chicken Breast 500 grams / 1 pound
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 250 grams Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 6-8 slices Bacon
- ½ tbsp Garlic (optional)
- 1 tspn Sriracha (optional)
- green onion to garnish
Bring Instant pot to SAUTE mode. When it turns hot, add chopped bacon. Cook bacon until crisp and brown.
Remove bacon and any extra fat.
Add chicken, chicken stock, ranch seasoning, garlic, and Sriracha(if using).
Set IP to MANUAL mode. Set time to 7 minutes. It will cook on high. Then do natural pressure release for 10 minutes followed by a quick release. The time depends on the size of the chicken and if it's frozen. For frozen chicken refer to the Notes.
Once the pressure is completely released, take out the chicken breast. Using two forks shred it.
If you feel the amount of liquid is more, then reserve ½ cup of liquid from the pot and keep aside.
Switch IP to SAUTE mode again. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar until mixed well.
Add shredded chicken back to the pot. Mix well. If the chicken looks too dry, then add back the reserved liquid in the previous step as required.
Switch off the IP.
Top crack chicken with crispy bacon and green onion while serving.
- As I have mentioned in the post, garlic and sriracha are optional here. I like to add it for the extra flavor and a bit of heat. You can skip these.
- If you are using frozen chicken breast instead, then the steps would be the same. Instead of 7 minutes, cook chicken for 15 minutes on high pressure. But frozen chicken breast when cooked releases considerably more liquid. So once the chicken is cooked, scoop out extra liquid and keep aside. If you feel the chicken looks too thick, then add back the reserved liquid.
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of breast. While cooking chicken thighs, do it for 10 minutes.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 751mg | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 1mg