Roasted Tomato Salsa
Fresh tomato salsa which has a depth of flavour from roasted tomatoes, jalapeno, fresh cilantro. It is spicy, tangy and perfect to dip your favourite tortilla chips into it.
Servings 3 cups
- 6 large Red plum Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno peppers (See notes 1)
- 1 medium Onion Quartered
- 2 Garlic clove
- 1 big handful Fresh Coriander along with stem
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
Heat a cast-iron pan, drizzle little oil.
Place tomatoes and jalapeno. Sear on medium-high heat until the tomatoes are nicely charred and black bits start to appear. (Watch the video to see how charred the tomatoes need to be)
Let the tomatoes and jalapeno cooled down.
Add Charred tomatoes, Jalapeno and rest of the ingredients (except Olive oil) to a food processor.
Process it and when it is blending slowly add olive oil.
Keep the salsa little chunky for some texture.
- Deseed Jalapenos if you reduce the heat.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice if the tomatoes are not tart enough.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and salt to balance the tartness of tomatoes.
- Recipe Video with detailed steps at the top of the recipe.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1106IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg