Spinach Corn Sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich is a great breakfast and also perfect to pack in kids lunch box. Learn hot to make little alternation to make this healthy.
Servings 4 Sandwiches
- 8 Bread Slices
- butter to spread on bread
For Spinach Corn filling
- 1.5 tbsp cooking butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/wheat flour
- 1 cup warm milk (more if the sauce is too thick)
- 1 cup spinach Cleaned,Blanched and chopped
- 1 cup corn cooked
- 1/2 cup Chesse Gratted
Heat a pan. Add butter. Once butter starts to melt add flour. Stir using a spatula for a minute on low-medium heat. (Avoid burning)
Once the raw flavor of the flour is gone, slowly add warm milk. Whisk carefully to make a smooth mixture and avoid any lump.
Add salt and pepper as per taste. ( As cheese also might have salt add salt accordingly). Mix well.
Add boiled spinach and corn kernels. Mix well. Take the pan off the heat.
Add grated cheese. Mix using a spatula till cheese melted and well incorporated.
Spread butter on a bread slice. Turn around. Spoon the Spinach Corn mixture. Top with another bread. Spread butter. Grill on a griddle pan.
- Sometime I add Italian seasoning to the mixture for a variation.
- For spicier version you can also sprinkle some chili flakes after you spoon the filling.
- Add any cooked vegetable of your choice.
- You can also add cooked pasta to spinach corn filling.