- 2 cups Zucchini grated
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion small (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed ,
- 100 g button mushroom chopped )
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 + ¼ tsps active dried yeast
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- Put the gratedZucchiniin a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt.Leave for 20 mins, you can find lots of liquid has come out, squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Rinse the courgettes thoroughly, then squeeze again.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 4 mins until softened.Add the bell pepper fry for couple of minutes.Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and browned, then add theZucchiniand cook for another 2 mins. Strain well andset aside to cool; discard the liquid if any.
- In a large mixing bowl place the flour ,gluten,stir in the yeast, the remaining oil ,salt,sugar,chilli flakes,the herb followed by cheese.Then add courgette mixture. Mix well to combine. Make a well in the centre and add warm water. Mix well to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 10 mins, then shape into a ball and place on a greased container for about 1 hour until it doubles.
- After 1 hour flatten the dough. Shape to a ball and place on a greased baking sheet covered with a damp cloth and allow to rise for another 30 -45 minutes until doubled in size.
- At the end of the rise pre-heat oven to 220 degree C.
- Place the baking tray in the middle rack and bake for 35- 40 minutes or until the bottom of the bread sounds hollow.
Recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood. Notes: The amount of water entirely depends on the amount of liquid remained in Zucchini mixture. So add little water each time. the dough should be slightly sticky but manageable. Vita gluten is optional. I prefer adding as it improves the texture. You can try reducing the all purpose flour and substitute with wheat flour . In that case the amount of water might vary and the texture might be a bit dense.