Vegetable Pasta Bake
This Easy Vegetable Pasta bake is loaded with Vegetables, has a Chessy Sauce and takes less than 30 minutes to make. A perfect weeknight meal or to serve a crowd.
Servings 6 People
- 250 grams Rigatoni (8 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 200 grams Button Mushroom
- 1 Cup Zucchini
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 25 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes (optional)
- 2 Cup Mozerella
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
Pre-heat oven at 400 °F (200 °C).
Start with boiling water in a big pot. Salt it and add pasta. Cook pasta just until it is al dente. Rinse with cold water and keep aside.
In the same pan used above or in another skillet heat oil. Add Chopped Onion and minced garlic. Saute until onion has softened and no more raw smell from garlic.
Add chopped Zucchini, mushroom and red bell pepper. Saute on high for 5 minutes.
Add crushed tomato, Tomato Paste, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Add cooked pasta to the skillet and toss everything well.
In a 9X13 inch baking dish, spread half of the vegetable pasta mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheese. Spread the rest of the pasta mixture on top of the cheese layer.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Carefully take out the pan, sprinkle parmesan on top. Serve hot.
- This recipe involves two main prep steps that can also be done simultaneously.
- You can sauté the vegetables, onions, and garlic while at the same time boiling the pasta and then strain it. First, keep the pasta for boiling while you heat the pan and heat the oil.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the pasta packet specified by the manufacturer. Every label and type of pasta comes with its own set of instructions which may vary.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 777IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 1mg