Chinese Chicken Salad
This Chinese Chicken Salad with Chicken, crunchy vegetables, crispy fried noodles and Asian Sesame dressing is a summer staple.
Servings 4 People
For Sesame Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Minced
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Minced
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
For Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Chinese Cabbage Chopped
- ½ cup Purple Cabbage Chopped
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 Red bell pepper Chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken (see notes 3)
- 1 cup Fried noodles
- ½ cup Green Onion
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander
In a glass jar add all the ingredients mentioned under salad dressing. Shake well until everything is mixed.
In a salad bowl, big enough to hold all the ingredients, add all the veggies except fried noodles.
If serving immediately, add fried noodles, pour the dressing and mix everything well.
If serving later then store veggies, dressing and fried noodles separately. Mix everything before serving.
- Make sure you use low sodium soy sauce. Else the dressing might turn salty.
- Check the seasoning, and add more sugar to the dressing if preferred.
- Poach 1 large chicken breast in a well seasoned chicken stock for about 8 minutes / Cooked through. Then cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Chopp and use. Or You can also use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4585IU | Vitamin C: 51.5mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.8mg