Homemade Coconut Ice Cream
With real coconut flavour , this Coconut milk Ice Cream is so easy to make. It is no churn and you don't even need an Ice cream maker. Beautiful light texture and Creamy, this Coconut Ice Cream is a must try in Summer.
Servings 10 Servings
- 1.5 cup Heavy Cream/ Whipping Cream cold
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Coconut Milk Full Fat (cold)
- 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed milk cold ( 400 grams can)
- 1/8 teaspoon Coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup Dry shredded Coconut / Coconut flakes toasted
In a big bowl add cold whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Using a hand blender whip cream until it has doubled in volume and have stiff peaks.
In another bowl add coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract. Mix everything really well.
Take a couple of scoops of cream and fold into the coconut milk, condensed milk mixture. This step will aerate the mixture.
In two batches pour coconut milk mixture to whipped cream. Using spatula fold until it is fully incorporated. Make sure to fold gradually to retain as much air as possible.
Pour the mixture in to a rectangular shallow container.
Place a piece of cling wrap or baking paper on the surface and press gently.
Cover the container tightly with lid/ cling Wrap/ foil.
Freeze for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
Before, serving remove the wrap from the surface.
Let the Ice cream rest for 5 minutes before you scoop and serve.
- By keeping all the liquid ingredients cold, the ice cream Freezes comparatively quickly.
- Coconut extract has quite an intense flavour so 1/8 teaspoon was enough for me. You can increase it up to 1/4 teaspoon depending on how intense coconut flavour you prefer.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.7mg