SLOW COOKER CHICKPEA SAUSAGE SOUP
This Slow Cooker Chickpea Sausage Stew is simple, hearty and flavourful. Just throw in all the ingredients and your delicious dinner is ready when you get back home.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 heaping cup chickpea *See notes
- 250 grams Sausage Sliced
- 250 gms plum tomato **See Notes
- 1 large onion Chopped (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrot Sliced
- 1/4 cup celery Chopped
- 1 tspn Coriander powder
- 1 tspn Cumin Powder
- 1 tspn chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Cilantro leaf For Garnish
Heat Oil in a pan. Add Garlic. Fry for 30 seconds.
Add Onion. Saute till onion is translucent.
In the Slow Cooker add all the ingredients, except coriander leafs. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
At the end, smash few chickpeas with the back of the spoon. It will make the stew bit thick.
Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
* I soaked dry chickpea overnight. Then cooked until just cooked. You can also use canned chickpeas. Darin all the liquids and measure.
** I blanched roughly 4 tomatoes. You can substitute it with canned tomatoes.
*** You can also add red bell peppers to the stew. Adjust the spices as per your preference.
**** You can cook on low for up to 8 hours. TO quicken the cooking process add warm stock.