This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
This Slow Cooker Chickpea Sausage Stew is simple, hearty, and flavourful. Just throw in all the ingredients and your delicious dinner is ready when you get back home.
Here is my second Slow Cooker recipe. The depth of flavor in this comforting soup comes soup comes from slow cooking. With simple ingredients, this Slow cooker chickpea sausage stew is perfect for a cozy winter night.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Some crusty bread on the sides will make a complete meal. I won’t mind this stew with a bowl of steamed white rice though.
I have a few more chickpea curries on the site. While this Sweet Potato Chickpea recipe is cooked in an Instant Pot, I have done Chickpea Curry or Chana Aloo in a Dutch Oven and a Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry prepared in an Instant Pot.
How to make
On busy days like these, all you need is a quick, fuss-free recipe to cook. This Slow cooker Chickpea Sausage Stew is the perfect ‘dump everything and forget it’ kinda recipe. I had made this Soup just a day before leaving for my brother-in-law’s ring ceremony. My home was a complete mess. The house help didn’t turn up for a week. With all that extra workload, I had to complete a few recipe testing and shooting. I also had to clean up my refrigerator before leaving. Usually, when I run out of vegetables, I soak some beans for the next day.
With all the last-minute prep, I just dumped cooked chickpeas, leftover veggies, and some sausage. By the time I was done with my work I was dead tired. But the good thing was, I had my dinner ready.
Here is the detailed Step by Step video recipe :
Slow Cooker Chickpea Sausage Stew
- 1 heaping cup chickpea *See notes
- 250 grams Sausage Sliced
- 250 gms plum tomato **See Notes
- 1 large onion Chopped (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup carrot Sliced
- ¼ cup celery Chopped
- 1 tspn Coriander powder
- 1 tspn Cumin Powder
- 1 tspn chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Cilantro leaf For Garnish
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Garlic. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add Onion. Saute till onion is translucent.
- In the Slow Cooker add all the ingredients, except coriander leafs. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- At the end, smash few chickpeas with the back of the spoon. It will make the stew bit thick.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves before serving.