Cabbage Stir Fry with Chicken
Simple Cabbage stir fry with Chicken, aromatics like garlic, cumin and curry powder is really quick to make. This Chicken Cabbage stir fry is delicious and low carb too.
Servings 4 people
- 250 grams Chicken Thigh Cut into thin strips
- 3-4 cups Cabbage Shredded
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon mild Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- salt to taste
Start by heating oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add chopped onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until onions have softened and no more raw smell coming from it.
Add all the spices and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes along with the onion spice mixture.
Add shredded cabbage to the pan, give everything a good mix. Cover and let the cabbage cook for 3-4 minutes.
Once the cabbage is cooked and reduced to half of the quantity season with salt. Mix well.
If you want the cabbage to be soft and well cooked, then after adding salt cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Serve along with some rice if prefered.
- Add a chopped red bell pepper or a carrot for variation.
- If you don't have curry powder, add roasted cumin powder instead.
- Adjust the amount of chilli powder as per taste.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg