Honey Lemon Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken, Tender Chicken coated with a zesty honey lemon sauce is really quick to make and is healthier than the regular version and also takes less than 15 mins to make.
Servings 4 People
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger minced
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock Low Sodium
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Water
- big pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Start with heating 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
Once the pan is really hot, add chicken pieces. Season it with salt and pepper.
Stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes, until small brown spots appear on chicken. Remove from pan and keep aside.
To the same pan add rest of the oil. Add minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
Lower the heat and to the pan add chicken stock, honey, Fresh lemon juice, soy sauce.
Mix cornflour with water and make a slurry. Slowly add to the pan gradually stiring it with a spatula to avoid lumps.
Cook the sauce on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. The sauce will start to thicken up and coat the back of the spoon.
Add cooked chicken pieces back to the pan and mix until chicken is coated well with the sauce. Check salt and adjust seasoning if needed. Cook for 2 minutes more and it's done.
- At the end of stirfrying Chicken might look pink, but it gets cooked fully when added to the sauce.
- if you are still missing the crispy chicken, pat dry chicken pieces with a kitchen towel. To 1/3 cup of flour add salt and pepper,mix well. Then toss chicken pieces well in the flour until coated.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 509mg | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg