This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Honey Lemon Chicken, Tender Chicken coated with a zesty lemon sauce is really quick to make and is healthier than the regular version and also takes less than 15 mins to make.
Honey Lemon Chicken with a sweet, tangy and refreshing sauce needs only a few ingredients to make. The honey lemon sauce is made with garlic, ginger, honey, fresh lemon juice, soy sauce and cornflour. Cornflour helps to thicken up the sauce, so that chicken pieces are coated well with the sauce.
When you think of honey lemon Chicken, I am sure you get a picture of crispy fried chicken pieces tossed in a honey lemon sauce. This honey lemon chicken recipe doesn’t look like the regular version.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
This recipe is a skinner and healthier version. No crispy chicken??? I know this is going to disappoint you but trust me the sauce is so delicious and coats chicken pieces so well, that you won’t even miss the crispy chicken part.
To Make Healthy Honey Lemon Chicken
A recipe can not be easier than this. It takes literally 15 mins to make. There is barely any preparation apart from mincing garlic and cutting the chicken into small pieces(if you have whole chicken breast).
Start with quickly stir-frying the salt and pepper chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes. When you see small brown spots appearing, remove it from the pan. It’s ok if chicken pieces are not cooked completely. It will cook further when added back to a hot honey lemon sauce.
Add minced garlic and cook until aromatic. Then stir in rest of the ingredients to the pan, let it cook until the sauce is thick and coats back of the spoon. Then to the thicken up sauce add brown chicken pieces and cook for another minute. And you are done.
To make it more filling, you can add some blanched broccoli or sauteed asparagus on the side while serving.
Few More Quick Chicken Recipes
Honey Lemon Chicken
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ tablespoon Garlic Minced
- ½ teaspoon Ginger minced
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock Low Sodium
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Water
- big pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Start with heating 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Once the pan is really hot, add chicken pieces. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes, until small brown spots appear on chicken. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- To the same pan add rest of the oil. Add minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Lower the heat and to the pan add chicken stock, honey, Fresh lemon juice, soy sauce.
- Mix cornflour with water and make a slurry. Slowly add to the pan gradually stiring it with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- Cook the sauce on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. The sauce will start to thicken up and coat the back of the spoon.
- Add cooked chicken pieces back to the pan and mix until chicken is coated well with the sauce. Check salt and adjust seasoning if needed. Cook for 2 minutes more and it's done.
- At the end of stirfrying Chicken might look pink, but it gets cooked fully when added to the sauce.
- if you are still missing the crispy chicken, pat dry chicken pieces with a kitchen towel. To 1/3 cup of flour add salt and pepper,mix well. Then toss chicken pieces well in the flour until coated.