Cajun Chicken & Vegetable Skillet
Spicy, flavourful Cajun Chicken along with loads of vegtables is a healthy family-friendly dinner. You need less that 30 minutes(along with preparation) to make this.
Servings 4 servings
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium Zucchini Cut into chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2.5 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast-iron pan.
Once the oil is hot enough, add chicken cubes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and keep aside.
To the same pan add remaining oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add cubed Zucchini and peppers.
Toss vegetables on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked through, tender but still should have a crunch to it.
Add cooked chicken back to the pan. Toss everything well. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
Switch off the stove and drizzle lemon juice. Mix everything well.
Serve alongside rice.
- I use homemade Cajun Seasoning. It is mildly hot and has salt in it. If you are using bottled seasoning, you might have to increase or decrease the amount of seasoning depending on how spicy you prefer.
- Cajun Seasoning has salt in it, so I have not added any extra salt to the dish. If your seasoning doesn't have salt then add salt as per taste.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 816mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3281IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg