Cajun Chicken with vegetables is a smokey, flavourful one-skillet meal, with juicy chicken and lots of vegetables. Takes only 15 minutes to make and a perfect busy day dinner for the family.
Juicy chicken, tender crispy vegetables and a rustic smokey flavour from the Cajun Seasoning. One of the simplest chicken dinner you can make which is loaded with protein and fibre. Just a bottle of good Cajun Seasoning will do all the wonder.
I love Cajun seasoning a lot because of its smokey, rustic and spicy flavour. Works great as a marinade and to lift up a boring dish.
What I love about this Chicken Skillet is it has tons of veggies, comes together in no time and packed with flavour.
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken & Vegetable Skillet
Let’s start with the Cajun Seasoning, which brings life to the dish. This smokey, spicy and flavourful seasoning is a wonderful marinade. In fact, I love to sprinkle these on french fries too. While it always is convenient to buy a bottle of this seasoning, I love to make my own. Bottled ones are really high on salt. When I make my own I have control over the amount of salt and also other ingredients.
I have used Zucchini, Peppers, here. But you can use other vegetables like mushroom, Broccoli etc. Sometimes I also add Onion. Don’t cook the veggies very soft and mushy, Cook until it is tender but still has a little crunch to it.
I like to serve this alongside rice. This Cajun Chicken Skillet is low carb and Keto. So if you follow low carb then have it as it is or seve it with Cauliflower rice.
More Cajun Recipes…
More one pan easy dinner recipes…
Cajun Chicken & Vegetable Skillet
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium Zucchini Cut into chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2.5 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast-iron pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add chicken cubes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Toss chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- To the same pan add remaining oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add cubed Zucchini and peppers.
- Toss vegetables on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked through, tender but still should have a crunch to it.
- Add cooked chicken back to the pan. Toss everything well. Cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Switch off the stove and drizzle lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- Serve alongside rice.
- I use homemade Cajun Seasoning. It is mildly hot and has salt in it. If you are using bottled seasoning, you might have to increase or decrease the amount of seasoning depending on how spicy you prefer.
- Cajun Seasoning has salt in it, so I have not added any extra salt to the dish. If your seasoning doesn't have salt then add salt as per taste.