Perfectly crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe is an easy low-carb chicken dinner made in just 15 minutes. Chicken is coated with mayo for extra moist chicken, breaded with parmesan, and pan-fried.
If you love parmesan and chicken together, then you must give this delectable Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken a try.
Crispy Golden Parmesan Crusted Chicken is low carb, keto, and gluten-free as well. Boneless chicken breast is first coated with Mayonnaise and then with seasoned parmesan cheese. It is pan-fried until cooked through and the crust turns nice crispy golden brown.
This parmesan-crusted chicken is low-carb and gluten-free. But if you are not under any dietary restrictions, you can substitute almond flour with all-purpose flour in the Parmesan mixture.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe calls for a handful of ingredients and most of them are pantry staples.
- Boneless Chicken breast
- Low carb Mayonnaise
- Sriracha or Hot sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian seasoning
Tips to make the Best Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Prepare Chicken: You need Boneless chicken breast. If it's too thick, cut it horizontally into cutlets. This is to ensure uniform cooking.
- 1 st Mayonnaise coating: Recipes in general call for egg coating. I have tried both egg and mayo coating. Though egg coating works, I found a coating of mayo gives extra richness and keeps chicken super moist. I have added a dash of sriracha to mayo for an extra kick. If you are following Keto, use keto-friendly Mayonnaise.
- 2nd coating is of parmesan. For the cheese to stick well, use grated cheese rather than shredded. You could use a zester or fine grater to grate the cheese. Add some Italian seasoning to the cheese for some flavor.
Serve Parmesan Crusted Chicken With
Another easy and quick chicken breast recipe worth adding to your dinner menu. I can give you a few healthy options to make it a low-carb meal.
Serve it with fresh Italian salad, Healthy Taco Salad with Cauliflower - Low Carb, Easy and Zesty Quinoa Salad, Cheesy Garlic Green Beans, or a low-carb Creamy Cauliflower mash.
More Low carb Chicken Recipes...
Mushroom Spinach Stuffed Chicken breast
Grilled Chicken With buttermilk marinade
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 500 grams Bonless Chicken breast 2 large Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ cup Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets(cutlets). After cutting, If it is thick around the edge, pound it gently for uniform thickness.
- In a bowl mix mayo, sriracha, and a tablespoon of water. Add chicken and coat it well with the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix parmesan cheese, almond flour and Italian Seasoning and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan ( non stick pan is a must, else the chicken might stick to the pan).
- Using a fork or kitchen tong lift chicken breast, shake off extra Mayo coating, dredge in Parmesan mixture. Press gently to coat the chicken then turn and repeat.
- Place coated chicken breast on hot skillet without crowding it.
- Fry chicken on medium heat for 4 minutes. Let the coating become crispy and golden. Don't turn or disturb the chicken before the above mentioned time else the coating might peel off.
- Using a spatula turn the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes, pressing gently with the back of the spatula in between.
- Serve with a fresh salad or favourite side.
Cindy T. says
I am trying this tonight 🙂