Perfectly crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe is an easy low carb chicken dinner made in just 15 minutes. Chicken coated with mayo for extra moist chicken, breaded with parmesan, and pan-fried.
Crispy Golden Parmesan Crusted Chicken is low carb, keto, and gluten-free as well. Boneless chicken breast is first coated with Mayonnaise and then with seasoned parmesan cheese. It is pan-fried until cooked through and the crust turns nice crispy golden brown.
Another easy and quick chicken breast recipe worth adding to your dinner menu. Serve it with fresh Italian salad or low carb Creamy Cauliflower mash.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe calls for a handful of ingredients and most of them are pantry staple.
- Boneless Chicken breast
- Low carb Mayonnaise
- Sriracha or Hot sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian seasoning
Tips to make the Best Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Prepare Chicken: You need Boneless chicken breast. If it's too thick, cut it horizontally into cutlets. This is to ensure uniform cooking.
- Mayonnaise coating: Recipes in general calls for egg coating. I have tried both egg and mayo coating. Though egg coating works, I found a coating of mayo gives extra richness and keeps chicken super moist. I have added a dash of sriracha to mayo for an extra kick. To keep it keto, use keto-friendly Mayonnaise.
- 2nd coating is of parmesan. For the cheese to stick well, use grated cheese rather than shredded. You could use a zester or fine grater to grate the cheese. Add some Italian seasoning to the cheese for some flavor.
This parmesan crusted chicken is low carb and gluten free. But if you are not under any dietary restriction, you can add 2 tablespoon of all purpose flour or almond flour to the Parmesan mixture.
More Low carb Chicken Recipes...
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast
- 500 grams Bonless Chicken breast 2 large Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1.5 cups freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets(cutlets). After cutting, If it is thick around the edge, pound it gently for uniform thickness.
- In a bowl mix mayo, sriracha, and a tablespoon of water. Add chicken and coat it well with the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning.
- Heat oil in a non-stick or heavy bottom pan.
- Using a fork or kitchen tong lift chicken breast, shake off extra Mayo coating, dredge in Parmesan mixture. Press gently to coat the chicken then turn and repeat.
- Place coated chicken breast on hot skillet without crowding it.
- Fry chicken on medium heat for 4 minutes. Let the coating become crispy and golden. Don't turn or disturb the chicken before the above mentioned time else the coating might peel off.
- Using a spatula turn the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes, pressing gently with the back of the spatula in between.
- Serve with a fresh salad or favourite side.