Garlic butter rice with a subtle flavor from parsley, this is a perfect side dish to serve. The rice is perfectly seasoned and smells heavenly of garlic butter.
Fluffy garlic butter rice with generous does of garlic and delicate flavor of parsley, a perfect side dish to serve with any meal. Make a pot of fresh rice or use leftover white rice if you have in hand.
I was looking for some side dish to make that would go well along with these stuffed mushroom chicken breast. There was some leftover rice and I just tossed it with crispy garlic, butter, and parsley. It was just delicious and I was wondering why didn't I try this simple recipe before.
Cooking Fluffy White Rice
The only trick to make the perfect Garlic Butter rice or any rice recipe for that matter is, cooking rice fluffy. I understand few find cooking rice intimidating. But trust me it's very easy and straightforward.
Use long grain white rice. Toss rice in a bit of oil. Coating rice with fat ensures the rice grain remain separate and fluffy after cooking. Add 2.5 cup of water for each cup of rice. Season well with salt.
Once the water comes to boil reduce the flame, cover and cook on low heat. It should take some where around 12-15 minutes. At the end of cooking time all the water would have evaporated and rice is cooked. Let it rest covered for another 5-6 minutes.
Use a fork to separate the grains.
Tips to make fluffy Garlic Butter Rice
- The rice needs to be fluffy. Don't forget to season the rice well with salt.
- Before adding rice to the skillet make sure it is cold enough.
- You need loads of fresh garlic. Peeling and mincing garlic is a daunting task but please don't go for the bottled ones lacks flavor.
If you love rice, you might like these
Herbed Garlic Butter Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For Garlic Butter Rice
- 2.5 tablespoon Butter
- 1.5 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Warm together stock and water.
- In a saucepan heat oil. Stir in rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes to coat the rice well with fat.
- Add warm water stock mixture to the pan, season with salt. Mix well. Once the water comes to a boil , reduce the flame, cover and let it cook on low heat.
- After 12-15 minutes, all the water would have evaporated and the rice would have got cooked. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a fork loosen the rice grains. Keep the pan uncovered and let the rice cool down completely.
Garlic Butter Rice
- Melt butter in a skillet. Once butter is hot but and before it starts to get brown add minced garlic.
- Stir fry garlic for 1-2 minutes until it is brown and crispy.
- Add parsley. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add cooled down rice, pepper, and salt if required.
- Toss the rice gently until it is evenly coated with butter, garlic, and herb.
- For extra garlic flavor sprinkle some crispy garlic chips on top while serving.