Easy homemade Indo Chinese Schezwan sauce recipe . A spicy sauce made out of red chilies,lots of garlic and spices. Easy to prepare and stores well in the refrigerator.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
- 40 Kashmiri dried red chilies (Or any other less spicy chilli)
- 10 red chili any spicy variant dried red chilies
- 10-12 shallots or Small Smabar Onions Roughly chopped
- ½ cup garlic Chopped Roughly
- ⅛ cup ginger minced
- 1 stick celery
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup Chilli Sauce (Red)
- 1 tbsp Regular Vinegar
- ¾ cup Sesame Oil or Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp ajinomoto (optional)
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 - 2 tbspn sugar
- to taste salt
- Soak red chilies in warm water for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan heat 1/2 cup oil. Once heated add sambar onions. Fry for a couple of minutes till it is cooked through and light golden brown in color.
- Add chopped garlic,ginger and celery. Fry till the raw smell goes.It should not be browned too much. Bring it to room temperature.
- Put all the above fried ingredients in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to make a coarse mixture. ( Don't make a fine paste).
- Heat rest of the oil in the same pane. Add above mixture. Cook on low flame.
- Meanwhile drain all the water (reserve a little) from soaked red chilies. Add vinegar to the chilies and make a slightly coarse paste. (If the mixture is too dry add some reserved soaked water to the mixture)
- Add ground chili paste to the pan.Add rest of the ingredients and fry until all the oil separates.
- Cool down the paste and store in a sterilized air tight jar. Keep in the refrigerator
Products we recommend
[table id=1 /]
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that we use or recommend. While it is at no additional cost to you, these links help us earn a commission from any purchase that happens through them.