Easy homemade Indo Chinese Schezwan sauce recipe . A spicy sauce made out of red chilies,lots of garlic and spices. Easy to prepare and stores well in the refrigerator.
- 40 Kashmiri dried red chilies (Or any other less spicy chilli)
- 10 red chili any spicy variant dried red chilies
- 10-12 shallots or Small Smabar Onions Roughly chopped
- ½ cup garlic Chopped Roughly
- ⅛ cup ginger minced
- 1 stick celery
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup Chilli Sauce (Red)
- 1 tbsp Regular Vinegar
- ¾ cup Sesame Oil or Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp ajinomoto (optional)
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 - 2 tbspn sugar
- to taste salt
- Soak red chilies in warm water for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan heat ½ cup oil. Once heated add sambar onions. Fry for a couple of minutes till it is cooked through and light golden brown in color.
- Add chopped garlic,ginger and celery. Fry till the raw smell goes.It should not be browned too much. Bring it to room temperature.
- Put all the above fried ingredients in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to make a coarse mixture. ( Don't make a fine paste).
- Heat rest of the oil in the same pane. Add above mixture. Cook on low flame.
- Meanwhile drain all the water (reserve a little) from soaked red chilies. Add vinegar to the chilies and make a slightly coarse paste. (If the mixture is too dry add some reserved soaked water to the mixture)
- Add ground chili paste to the pan.Add rest of the ingredients and fry until all the oil separates.
- Cool down the paste and store in a sterilized air tight jar. Keep in the refrigerator
Products we recommend
[table id=1 /]
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that we use or recommend. While it is at no additional cost to you, these links help us earn a commission from any purchase that happens through them.