Air fryer Chicken and Potatoes - Boneless chicken breast, cubed potatoes are tossed in ranch dressing and air fried until roasted. This healthy dinner with very little oil is ready in just 30 minutes.
One of my favourite ways to cook chicken and potatoes is to use an air fryer. Potatoes get roasted really well with crispy edges and boneless chicken breast remains tender. And to make this Air fryer chicken and potatoes recipe even more simple, I have tossed chicken and potatoes in ranch dressing, paprika and a tablespoon of oil.
5 ingredients recipe
Chicken- Boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces.
Potatoes - You can use any type of potatoes in this recipe. Peel or keep the skin on and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Oil - Any oil or even butter will also work.
Seasoning- Ranch and chicken taste amazing. Then for a bit of colour and heat, I have added paprika.
Other Seasoning variations could be Cajun, Garlic herb or any of your favorite seasoning.
How To make Airfryer Chicken And Potatoes
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 F (200°C).
- Cut Potatoes and boneless Chicken breast into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix ranch seasoning and paprika.
- Season potatoes with oil and half the seasoning. Put the seasoned potatoes in the lined air fryer basket. Cook potatoes.
- While potatoes are in the air fryer, season chicken pieces with remaining oil and seasoning.
- Move cooked potatoes to one side of the basket and place chicken without overlapping. Air fry until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
Tips to cook chicken and potatoes perfectly in the Air fryer
- Cut potatoes and chicken to similar sizes, for even cooking.
- Chicken needs to at room temperature for even cooking.
- For easy cleaning, I always line the inner basket with foil or parchment paper. Make small holes in the lining, so that any liquid that gets released can be drained.
- Chicken and potatoes get cooked perfectly with crispy edges when the basket is not overcrowded. If the chicken or potatoes are overlapping, then it will steam instead.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air fryer Chicken Breast and potatoes.
- 2 medium Potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium Chicken Breast Cut into 1 inch piece
- 50 grams Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F (200°C)
- Line the inner basket of the air fryer with parchment paper or foil. Make small holes in the lining, so that any liquid while cooking the chicken could be drained and collected below.
- Mix Ranch seasoning and paprika.
- In a mix bowl add diced potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil and half of the seasoning mix. Toss well.
- Place the potatoes in the lined Air Fryer basket, and cook for 10 minutes flipping halfway through.
- When the potatoes are cooking, in the same bowl add chicken, remaning oil and seasoning. Mix everything well.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add seasoned chicken pieces to the basket and arrange it a single layer. Air fry for 10 minutes again, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove the basket. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Mary Ellen G says
My first meal in air fryer was fabulous because of this recipe! I did add red onion, red and green pepper and broccoli. The taste was outstanding. We could have cook by other means but the taste and cleanup has the air fryer as our preferred method of cooking! Thank you for this recipe!!!