There is something about freshly baked cookies. I don’t bake cookies that often but when hubby starts craving for some gooey chocolate cookies, had to bake some. Chunks of chocolate in the cookies make this cookie a bit different. This is one of the best chocolate cookies I have made. A bite of this is enough to satisfy that sudden chocolate craving. This recipe is adapted from here best ever chocolate chunk cookies
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 3 tablespoons
- 1xbc teaspoons baking powder
- xbd teaspoon salt
- 120 gms unsalted butter , melted until browned
- 1xbd teaspoons vanilla extract
- xbd cup brown sugar
- xbd cup sugar granulated
- 1 egg large , at room temperature
- 1 cup chocolate semi-sweet , chopped into chunks
- Sift together flour,salt and baking powder together.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium-low heat,until it reaches golden brown color.(Whisk continuously to avoid burning).Pour to a heatproof bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- Once butter comes to room temperature ,transfer butter to a large mixing bowl.Add sugar and vanilla.Whisk till light and fluffy,for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and mix on medium speed till just mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a big ice-cream scoop,Scoop out the mix and arrange them in prepared baking sheet spacing 2 cm apart. Cover in a cling wrap and refrigerate at least for 2 hours or up to 48 hours before baking.(I kept overnight).
- Before baking pre-heat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Remove the baking tray from refrigerator and put in the middle rack. Bake for 12-15 minute.
- The cookies should be just set around the edges and still soft at the middle. Let it rest on the sheet for 5 minutes before shifting to the cooling rack.
- These cookies stays good for up-to 3 days in room temperature.