This easy Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate fudge is creamy, decadent with hidden Orange flavor in it. It takes only a few minutes to make and makes a perfect holiday/Christmas gift.
If you love chocolate and have sudden chocolate craving quite frequently then this recipe is for you. Saying that, if you are a real chocolate lover you must always be having a hidden stash of chocolate in some part of your house. I am telling this because, if you raid my house you would find bars of chocolate in every possible place. My husband loves good dark chocolate and nowadays my 4 yr old gives a company to him.
With so many options available in supermarkets, I never thought of making chocolates at home. I mean why take all the fuss to make your own when you already have so many options available. One day I saw my daughter enjoying some homemade chocolates at her friend's house. And then I realized that I have never made any chocolates at home. Had some dark Callebaut at home.Being a mother, obviously, I wanted to give my little one something to eat with better nutritional value. So, ended up adding dry fruits and nuts. This chocolate fudge was a real hit not only at home but at D's office too.
The pictures that you are seeing are my 3 rd batch. The first batch was good but it was not fudgy enough. The second batch came out perfect when I increased the butter quantity a more. But couldn't photograph them because the weather was horrible. And D was almost impatient to carry them to his office. Finally, Could take pictures of the third batch and half of them were gone next day itself. So I can tell you these fudges are the best and certified by many.
We are almost at the end of the year. With Thanksgiving, Christmas around the corner, these make a perfect Holiday Gift. You can make these ahead as it stores well. I have added Orange zest to it, but adding some candied orange peel is also a good idea.
Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Fudge
- 500 gms good quality dark chocolate I used Callebaut
- 400 gms Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter at Room temperature
- 1 tspn Instant Coffee powder
- ½ cup salted Pistachio Roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberry Roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Orange Zest
- In a microwave-safe bowl add chopped dark chocolate, Condensed milk, Butter and instant coffee powder.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Rest for a couple of minutes. Then slowly whisk the chocolate till it makes a smooth mixture.
- If you are still finding few lumps of chocolate, microwave again for 20 seconds. Let it rest for a minute. Then mix.
- Alternatively, you can set up a double boiler. Add all the ingredients mentioned above and keep stirring until chocolate melts. The mixture should be smooth and silky.
- Add chopped salted pistachio, cranberry and orange zest. Mix just until everything is well distributed. Don't overmix at this stage.
- Line an 8x8 square tin with parchment paper hanging on the sides.
- Pour in the mixture. Make the top smooth with a spatula. Freeze it atleaset 3-4 hours.
- Once the fudge is set, take the tin out of the refrigerator. Let it rest for 20 -30 minutes. Then dip a sharp knife in hot water. Wipe the knife with a kitchen towel. Cut the fudge into neat squares.