Creamy Corn Chowder made take 20 minutes to make in an Instant Pot. It is filled with sweet corn, Potatoes, carrot and a creamy broth that is so comforting.
Steps To Make Corn Chowder In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- 4 cups Corn
- 2 cups Potato peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrot chopped
- 2.5 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4-5 strips Bacon
- Green onion / Parsely to garnish
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Switch on the Instant pot. Set Instant pot to 'Saute mode'.Cook until crispy. Discard the fat and keep aside the bacon.
- Set Instant pot to 'Saute mode'.When the inner pot is hot add butter, and let it melt.
- Add chopped onion, celery, carrot, and minced garlic. Saute until the onion has softened and garlic is aromatic.
- Add corn, chopped potato, thyme, Cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and milk to the pot. Give everything a good stir.
- Close the lid, place the valve in the sealed position. Press the 'Manual button' and set the time to 10 minutes.
- The Instant pot will take some time to come to full pressure and then the timer would start.
- When the timer is off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then release the pressure by moving the valve to the venting position.
- Whisk flour to the cream.
- Switch the instant pot again to 'Saute mode', Slowly add the flour cream mixture to the pot, by continuously stirring with the other hand. Make sure there is no lump.
- The soup will come to a slow boil and it will start to thicken. Keep stirring to avoid lump.
- Check the seasoning and add more seasoning if required. Switch off the Instant pot once the desired thickness has reached.