One of my favourite quick bread. I have baked this lot of times with different flavours both in sweet and savoury. But this combination is the best. Orange and cranberry pairs well with each other.
Unfortunately we don't get fresh cranberry here in India. So I had to use dried ones. But I am sure the fresh ones would taste much better than this version. This is not really a bread neither a cake. But it is super moist and flavourful.
Orange and Cranberry quick bread
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cups oats instant
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsps baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 2 cup tbsps milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar vinegar or regular
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter vegetable oil melted or
- orange fresh zest of an
- ½ cup cranberries dried
- ½ cup walnut toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree.
- If using dried cranberries,soak them in ½ cup of water with 1 teaspoon sugar init for 20 minutes.strain any extra liquid and keep aside.
- Stir in the vinegar to milk.let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Pulse instant oats in a foodprocessorto get a coarse powder (not fine).Mix all thedriedingredientsflour,oats,baking powder,bakingsoda,salt,sugar.
- In another small bowl beat egg lightly,add milk and vinegar mixture,melted butter,orange zest.give it a stir.
- Pour in the wet mixture to the dryingredient.Mix just until everything isincorporated(don't overmix).
- Dust cranberries with little bit of flour.Fold in chopped walnuts and cranberries into the batter.
- Grease a standard 9x5 loaf tin. Transfer the mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth lick comes out clean.