Keeping the festive season in mind I tried these thumbprint cookies aka jam cookies. I just fell in love with this one.Its buttery and melt in mouth. The sweetness is nicely balanced with the little tang of jam.One more bonus is these are eggless too. I have used mixed berry jam here as that is what was available. You can use raspberry jam too or any jam available in your kitchen is fine as long as you like it
Thumbprint cookies (jam cookies)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 140 gms unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar fine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- jam Good quality of your choice (I used Mixed Berry Jam)
- Preheat the oven to 180xb0C. Line 2 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour,baking powder and salt into a bowl.Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until it isfluffyand looks pale incolor.
- Add flour to the mixture gradually,scraping the bottom with a spatula in between.make sure everything is well combined.
- The mixture might look bit crumbly but will hold shape when pinched together.
- Take outapproximately1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll in to a ball.
- Placethem on the baking sheet 2u2033 apart(while baking these will spread). Use your thumb and press a well in thecentre.
- Bake for 6 minutes.Then take out and fill the centre with roughly 1/2 tsp of jam. Bake again for 4-6 minutes.