Salsa chicken baked in a tangy spicy Salas has Juicy Chicken and is packed with flavour. With less than 5 ingredients, you need only 20 minutes to make easy Chicken dinner.
Salsa chicken baked in spicy tomato salsa and topped with cheese is one of the easiest dinners to make on busy days. Everything gets cooked in a skillet, so no clean up required. Salsa and cheese once baked make a delicious sauce together and it also he’s to keep the chicken juicy.
We love Mexican food at home. There is always a jar of Tomato Salsa in the refrigerator. My favourite Roasted Tomato Salsa is easy to make and is packed with flavour.
Tips for making Salsa Chicken
- If the Chicken breast is too thick, then using a meat mallet flatten the thick part.
- For best flavour, sear chicken breast to caramelize it and seal all the juices.
- I would always prefer fresh salsa over bottled one, but bottled salsa also works well.
- Hot or mild salsa, use as per your taste preference. If it has too much liquid, strain the extra liquid. Else at the end of cooking, there would be too much liquid.
- Use ingredients at room temperature, for even cooking.
- I like to use Mexican blend cheese, but you can use Cheddar, pepper jack etc.
What type of Chicken Cut to use?
Can we use CrockPot?
If you love Mexican Chicken, then give this Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken a try. Shredded chicken is perfect in Tacos.
Skillet Baked Salsa Chicken
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1.5 cup Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F .
- Heat oil in a cast Iron Skillet.
- Place chicken in the pan, season with salt and pepper. Sear chicken 2 minutes on both the side.
- Top Chicken with salsa and shredded Cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 15 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
- Cover and let the Chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting it.
- Note: Quick Video showing the steps is attached below the recipe.